What to do If Amazon Suspended My Seller Account?
For Amazon 2019 was another great year with sales continuing to rise year-on-year. It’s not all been fantastic news for all third-party sellers though with the infamous Amazon account suspension affecting a growing number of Amazon accounts.
A suspension of the Amazon is a big risk to their profits and credibility for many sellers and the whole process can be very stressful. When you just have a suspension, take a deep breath and let us direct you through the process of reinstatement of your seller account.
The suspension is thankfully not the end of the world. Sellers will re-establish their rights by filing an appeal.
Sellers have to convince Amazon for a good appeal that they fully understand why they have been suspended, and that they have a strategy to fix the problem and improve their sales practices.
What can you do if Amazon Suspended My Seller Account?
This blog post will detail how you can secure your Amazon seller account and how you can reinstate your account including what to include in your action plan (more on that later).
Every day Amazon suspends, refuses, or bans hundreds of honest third-party sellers.
There are three reasons why Amazon selling privileges are removed:
- Amazon thinks you are taking a dive into your results. We want a dynamic environment where strong customer service is respected.
- You have breached the politics of Amazon. Remember it is the house of Amazon and you will abide by their laws.
- Sale of a product which is restricted.
By checking your Performance Notifications within Seller Central, you can find out why your account has been suspended.
A suspended seller will also receive a notice titled “Your rights for selling Amazon.com have been revoked” with a list of ASINs that Amazon claims have violated their policies.
Top 5 Seller Tips to Prevent Suspension
1. Ask Amazon to place an annotation on your account to state that the ASIN was not counterfeit.
2. Download the Amazon Seller App (Android, Apple) to help you respond to messages faster.
3. Read your listings to check for potential flags
4. FBA sellers should close and archive old listings. Merchant Fulfilled sellers are supposed to delete them.
5. Do not sell counterfeit goods.
How to Appeal Against Your Suspension
If, given your best efforts, Amazon suspends your account, conduct a comprehensive investigation through all of your accounts, paying careful attention to any ASINs with previous policy warnings.
You need to carefully read the suspension notice to identify which rule(s) you have violated referring to Amazon’s policies and agreements page and check your Central performance metrics for Seller.
If you need more detail (and still have access to Support) about your suspension, consider opening a ticket to explain.
Identify the reason(s) for the suspension in your appeal.
- Take responsibility and accept the harm caused to the company.
- Do tell Amazon that you’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service and you know that selling on their platform is a privilege.
- Don’t criticize the quality process of Amazon ‘s products.
To maximize the chances of a successful appeal, the Action Plan will be comprehensive and based on the conclusions from your internal report.
It is a profoundly significant aspect of the appeal. Note, if the investigators ask for more details, they will prolong your appeal … and time is money.
Your action plan will describe the reason(s) why buyers have complained about your product’s quality and include suggestions as to why it won’t happen again.
For example, if you are a seller who has been suspended for purposes of delivery, you would want to include going to FBA to solve the issue.
When you are ready to file your appeal, visit Seller Central ‘s Performance Notification section, find your notice of suspension and then press the “Appeal” button to file your Action Plan.
Then comes the wait.